Thursday, August 1, 2013

One Hundred Posts

Break out the champagne Honey, it's time for a celebration! When I first started this journal, I thought it would take until the end of summer to reach a hundred posts. Of course it's not about numbers, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find how fun and easy it has been to keep this journal. I suppose that's because it involves doing the things I enjoy: being outdoors, taking pictures, writing, searching for hidden treasures, and sharing. Of course, being retired from a day-to-day job helps too!

Well, don't get all misty eyed just yet, there are still a couple of months left for more blooms to emerge. As summer marches on, I'm expecting to go for higher ground to find more flora. Time to break out the mountain hiking boots and extra batteries!

To commemorate this milestone, here are a few of my favorite photos from the treks...

Cheers! 7-31-2013.

Field Morning Glory at Jackson Bottom Wetlands

Tree Swallows surround me at Jackson Bottom Wetlands (early July)

Birdsfoot Trefoil and Stinking Chamomile at Jackson Bottom Wetlands in June

One of the many Fritillary butterflies on Mary's Peak
Bear Grass on the Silver Star Mountain trail.

A couple of Ctenucha mutifaria moths on Tansy Ragwort at the coast.

Crystal Clear feeder creek at Diamond Lake (June)

No comments:

Post a Comment